Saturday, September 29, 2018

Does It Matter At All?

That I was born (birthdate of 12/12/1950) into being on so many cusps of things of a major import to the world, and humanity in general. As in:

1: Born as America was stepping forth as the triumphant new, supposed, protector of both Democracy, and new found industrial power.

2: Graduating from high school in 69 on the last bit of all of the potent cultural, and political upheavals of the sixties.

3: Was part of the beginning of the desktop computer revolution, studying computers at all because I felt I needed to as a part of being a student of Marshall McLuhan; then needing to fall back on it to earn a living, but also, ultimately, so I would have the experience I needed to do the one, main, systems analysis I was born to do.

4: And now here, in the present when humanity absolutely needs to do the pivot, that may be the test that most emerging sentient species might likely be prone to fail, or why else wouldn't there be more of them.

And does the Golden Ratio really matter? It's only a collection of coincidences after all. A truly amazing set of coincidences to be sure, but still. I ask that because it's interesting as well to note that when you divide 1950 by 12.05 you get very close to the Golden Ratio sequence; albeit with the decimal in the wrong place, but hey. It's only games with numbers after all.

And to answer the question then, what's one to say? Well... Unfortunately, with everything that is at stake almost everything matters. But if it is so much how can we attend to what is important, and what isn't?

And should I be ashamed of pointing any of this out in the first place? Just to get some attention?Well... Maybe. Consider it one of my least offensive acts of peaceful, civil disobedience. And make no mistake. I am involved in other, peaceful, acts of civil disobedience; as in take my Google Blog, post click numbers, with a big dose of scepticism (assuming anybody pays that much attention to them all all -- I never do -- in the first place). And I say that because there is such a thing as "Vanity Clicks" (even if nobody wants to admit it). Because you can't just put a post out now naked, can you (what with so many trying to manipulate so much of what we get as information)? It's got to have a few "Yes, I do have a semblance of a following" clicks to reashure a potential viewer that this is worthwhile stuff (a kind of "prime the pump" thing you see). And of course, if you have a bigger vanity, then you have to have a few more such clicks. Just sayin. The real question, though, is whether the vanity in question is responsible for all of the clicks or not, and on that I can definitely say, absolutely not (and if the clicks themselves aren't important, than what is?). Quite a few of them at times, of course, but never all of them (and I hasten to add that I do my vanity clicks myself, without aid of any damned bot, algorithm, shit; so you can see why there is an inherent limiting factor there, and I am an old dude besides you know).

I hope that clears a few things up, and gives you a better perspective on the person you are dealing with here. Thank you for your kind attention.

And by the way, this is important to me (with all of the terrible things that are going on), it's just that I can't be completely serious about it all of the time; especially when so much of what all of us are dealing with now has become so absolutely, insanely, crazy, all of its own now.

The bottom line, though, is that all of that won't stop until the planet either dies, or we die with our hands at each other's throats, fighting for the last scraps of food, and liveable space; unless, of course, we take action now. Each of us. Personal, responsibility action, in a situation that demands that we stop doing "Business As Usual."

Facebook says security flaw in 50 million accounts let hackers take over profiles






No comments:

Post a Comment