Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Live a life of taking Mind Walks


I was reminded today, quite by accident, that one of my most favorite movies, Mind Walk, was based on the work of the philosopher Fritjo Capra. He was the Austrian born American physicist who had a big part in making systems thinking prominent on the American intellectual scene. 

His work, as well as the movie, had a huge impact on how I view the world; especially as it dovetailed so well with the work of Marshall McLuhan, and the larger aspects of how we store, retrieve, and move experience over space and time.

I felt now was as good as time as any to pay homage to his work, as well as to encourage one and all to read his books, and see the movie. Much of what I espouse had its origins in Capra's work. I think you will find it most interesting.

Mindwalk

No comments:

Post a Comment