Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What If...

...Physical meaning space were as susceptible to suggestion as Mind meaning space is.

Quite a "what if", right?

And even though I know it's a stretch, I feel it is all too possible, and real.

In thinking about this, it seems to me, it would seem reasonable to assume that Body meaning space, and Mind meaning space would have to be working together to make it possible for a mind to change (or allow to be changed) its meaning configuration, if ever so minutely, and however briefly, enough so as that the mind could accept a meaning set where, suddenly it could feel no pain; or say to see something not there, for example; which is, of course, exactly what a hypnotist can do. And also, of course, sometimes we are all great hypnotists, it's just that the only subject we can work our suggestions on is ourselves. For surely we can talk ourselves into believing many things. For both good, and ill.

What if the mind and body meaning spaces could work something similar to physical meaning space? Silly you say? Are you so sure about that?

It gets a bit trickier when you realize that the same things that hold words, ideas, and all of the further constructs of them that we create, together (and for which so much of our histories, and current cultures are based on), is the same thing that holds matter together: Namely meaningful connections. The only thing different here is the way things are coded, and where the manifestation of that coding exists. And as luck would have it, therein lies another rub.

We've already established (within the defined realm of Cosmolosophy) that everything in the Entirety is semi permeable. If I can receive information, somehow, isn't it reasonable to expect that I can send information as well? And if I can send doesn't it then become simply a problem of how you translate a new kind of meaning construct to make that seductive suggestion (where seductive in this case is just how powerful the connections are)?

This is, of course, where even I have to throw up my hands, in some amount of casual frustration, to ask "Yeah, but how in the hell are we supposed to do that?" And to answer all of us, all I can refer to is my own experience with hypnosis. I'm still not sure what all went into that, but I do know that every part of what I was doing felt right, and made sense. And then that you could feel the right way to apply them, and know the right order in which to do it. And the funny thing is, I got to the point where I could do this knowing and feeling, by starting out with a little knowing, and then feeling my way along, trying to get better at doing both. I had some help from my folks on this (given that they had absolutely no clue whatsoever how to be parents), but primarily it was their personalities themselves that gave me one of the most important first lessons: life is made up of two primal opposites: Worded, stoic logic on the one hand (not at all in touch with the other side), and Wild Magic on the other (not having been given much of a chance to acquire, much less absorb structure, and discipline, and a few other things from his side).

Because I had to bridge that gap as a part of growing up (and in this now I have come to realize that it was learning to read that gave me a way to survive), but I had to do it starting out centered almost completely on her side of things (for which I was open to receiving sensory input from everywhere almost to the point of autism I think). And then, with a big imagination, and big propensity for deep involvement, I had a younger brother survive long enough to teach me not only empathy, and seeing with another's eyes, but also, without knowing it at the time, that you could talk to someone lovingly without using words at all. That when I'd did skin farts on his belly, or played peek a boo with him; that when he laughed, and our eyes met I could see that the very real, little boy inside there, the boy who wasn't broken like his body was (or at least not nearly so), was so grateful for the fact that I knew he was in there as an identity, even though he could give so little indication of it out to us. But then, isn't also lovely that, in one sense laughter is a small thing, even as it flaps just as significantly, as some butterfly somewhere, creating a tremendous effect somewhere else entirely.

When I look back now I can only think of this as magic. Of some wondrous magic that allowed us to communicate to the point where he could have a sense of joy in his life, even though so much of his physical body was broken. All of these things gave me a meaning matrix, Identity aura (for lack of a better descriptive phrase) that was convinced that things weren't right. That I could do something about it, and that I would have to do something about it. And the beautiful part if this is, most of the coding for that was distributed, luckily enough, across each side of the divide, just enough to keep me going; even while my conscious mind did not fully understand why. And slowly I started building enough new meaning structure on both sides to start actively convincing myself that there was a reason I should carry on. And with every new realization in that effort would be new links, back and forth, to the things that had happened, to the things that were happening, and to the things that might be possible for happening; so even more structure yet could be created. And that kept growing, and as it did, it kept making my ability to not only convince myself effectively, but to show others that a surprising amount of things can be changed simply by the right suggestion at the right time. It all depends on the meanings and the connections. Meanings and connections that must span both body and mind meaning spaces.

If we could harness both of these, balanced in an ever dynamic, ongoing way, we might be able to communicate back to Physical meaning space in ways we've only fantasized about now. Having to always work the tension of knowing that this could be for both good, or ill, and that we will only have the balance itself to guide us. I find the prospect just as thrilling and enthralling, as I find it terrifying, all at the same time. And because there is nothing for it but to continue, why not try to do so with the right balance of those as well.

What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment