Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I Have A Hypothesis About Psychotropic Drugs

This stems from personal experience with LSD, Mescaline, and Psilocybin Mushrooms, as well as a few others I remember only by street names (like "Blue Meanies"), back in the mid to late seventies.

I hasten to add that I did this because I had already spent some time studying the literature both about, LSD (how it was discovered, and how it got introduced, and unfortunately popularized), meditation, mystic exploration, and various tribal traditions with things like Mescaline and the shrooms. I was looking specifically you see for a particular experience. I wanted to see just what it was like to actually let go of all sense of one's self so that you could experience everything that impinges upon us without any filtering. And I was in fact able to do this.

It is my belief that something important can happen when one does this letting go, and then successful reintegration with one's former self, but also now, with a better take on things in the new "here and now." Even more to the point, I think this letting go, and reformation process, might actually be an overall cognitive improver, just of itself. It is my belief, in fact, that this was the very thing made it possible for me to be a systems analyst to the degree that I was able to do so (never intending to get into that either, I should add, only that it started out as being part of doing due diligence in being a student of Marshall McLuhan).

I can only hope that a great deal more research is undertaken into all aspects of what might be beneficial with drugs like LSD. I would also like to point out that I wouldn't mind participating in continuing work either. Just sayin (I can't, and won't travel, unfortunately, but I hear there's a lot you can do remotely as far as physiological data collection is concerned).

How does LSD induce short-term psychosis but long-term optimism?






No comments:

Post a Comment